Monday 26 February 2018

February Fabrics at Plush Addict, Village Haberdashery & Eternal Maker

It's been a cold month with more to come in the UK before Spring finally kicks in, so I'm keeping my selections bright and happy with a bit of added warmth and chosen from the new arrivals in my sponsors' shops.

First up, Village Haberdashery and some delightful prints which have just arrived from Dear Stella alongside a beautiful woollen fabric with some coat pattern suggestions:
  1. Cold Comfort by Dear Stella.  Cute landscape and animal motifs, contrasting palette and perfect for children.
  2. Wool blend Aztec Fabric: perfect for coats/wraps and cloaks, 85% wool/15% acrylic. For beginners, I Am Patterns Mimosa, a pop-over cloak, would be a great option.  For more garment makers, pair with the new Avid Seamstress coat or for a sleeved option, I Am Patterns Artemis coat, simple cosy shape with generous pockets would also work well for the Aztec motif. 
  3. Garden Sanctuary by Rae Ritchie for Dear Stella.  I just love Rae Ritchie's work and this collection has me longing for an afternoon in the garden, digging with my trowel!  Buy it in a bundle with some coordinating Kona solids here, or choose a cut of your favourite print here.  There are foxgloves, hedgehogs and so much more cuteness!

Next, I have some delectable fat quarter bundles from Plush Addict; Kellie-Rose knows how to put a tempting bundle together!  From left to right (individual print links are usually an option within the bundle link).

  1. Fat Quarter Bundle: Dashwood New Horizons- 8 fabrics.  I love this new Dashwood fabric range!  Great colour palette, mid-century shapes mixed with maps, it reminds me of paper collages too.
  2. Fat Quarter Bundle: Studio E Super Heroes- 6 fabrics. A blast of colour from Sarah Frederking's new comic themed hero collection for Studio E which would be perfect for children's quilts and clothes. 
  3. Fat Quarter Bundle: Happiness is Handmade- 7 fabrics. Vintage inspired prints from Loti Whitlock for Riley Blake.  Sewing themed designs + florals, what's not to like.  The floral yellow is my favourite!

To finish, I've chosen a mix of quilting and garment making fabrics from Eternal Maker:


  1. Chartreuse Blue Custom EM Bundle: 7 fabrics. Cottons and cotton/linen blends. I adore the Ellen Baker block tulip print at the centre of this bundle and all the supporting fabrics have such a vibrancy...this is project waiting to happen!
  2. Greyspot Loopback jersey from Lady McKelroy fabrics. This is my idea of perfect in a loopback jersey.  It's 100% cotton, a small amount of stretch, a little weight and a lot of drape. It really works best in a clothing pattern that maximises its drape.  I've bought a couple of metres for an I Am Patterns Zebre pattern- those full-bottomed sleeves.  It would also make a wonderful Wendy Ward Longley Cardigan- I've made three of these and they see a lot of wear. 
  3. Cat Panel: Woof Woof Meow Meow.  Seriously adorable cut-out style panel to make two large softy cats with four kittens, simple to make and instructions printed on the panel.  The dog/puppies version is here.
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

1 comment:

  1. I love the chartreuse blue bundle best of all this time. I have always loved blue and green together. When I was 9, my big sister would tell me that blue and green simply don't go together. I would just tell her, I like them together. I'm 70 not and I still haven't changed my mind. I'm glad to see you agree with me and that other people do, too! Have such fun sewing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.